Collins Virtual World
Take your class on a trip around the world to create their own maps and atlas pages! The Virtual World CD-ROM provides a range of fully interactive atlas and mapping activities to support the teaching of Geography at Key Stage 2 and helps children to understand, create and enjoy maps and atlases. Activities and an extensive bank of statistics enable specialists and non-specialists alike to deliver the concepts of distance, scale, projections and special-topic mapping etc. in an innovative and exciting way.
Virtual World focuses on five core zones:
- Reference mapping - a locational tool.
- Mapping skills - understanding maps.
- Map Kit - creating atlas maps.
- Data - world facts and figures which support the mapping.
- Fun activities - games, quizzes and activities which help to test geographical knowledge.
Virtual World helps children to understand, create and enjoy maps and atlases. Suggested lesson plans included in the package ensure that non-specialists can be confident delivering mapping skills and atlas reading lessons.
Pentium, Windows, 98, 2000, Me, XP. 64MB of RAM, High colour (16 bit) or higher, 360 MB hard-disc space.
Tel: 0843 2160 456 Fax: 0843 2160 448 (outside UK: +44 1837 810 831)
E-Mail: WWW: Geopacks Web Site